Friday 29 July 2011

Another Day, Another Reducing in Value, Dollar

So, in 2001 I had surgery to my brachial plexus that left my right arm paralysed. Its been in a sling ever since, but here is the weird part; for about the past two years, my arm has been moving. When I say moving, I mean twitching and stretching and tensing until ity feels it'll snap. I have no control over it, but when I tell people that its paralysed, I can see the look in their eyes, the one that says "you're a big fat liar, go and get a job"|. In winter its worse, cos I wear a big coat and zip my arm inside it. It looks as if I'm smuggling a puppy about. Or an alien, like in the film, erm, Alien. Anyway, for now, all day every day my arm churns and writhes, and no-one knows why. I had Botox to try and stop it, but it didn't work. One consultant offered amputation, (really), and was surprised when I declined.  So it seems, unless some brilliant doctor reads this blog, I'm stuck with this for the time being. I can't imagine what Dave the Rave will think when I go for my assesssment...

No comments:

Post a Comment